Book an appointment
What does an ophthalmologist do?
An ophthalmologist will help you detect ophthalmic problems early. With the right therapy started in time, you can prevent the development of possible later complications and vision loss.
In case of what problems should we consult an ophthalmologist?
- If we do not see sharply.
- If your eyes are burning, itchy, or sore.
- In case of inflamed, red eyes.
- If you notice a discrepancy in any part of your eye.
Where can I get this medical specialty?
Common ophthalmic problems, examinations
General ophthalmic screening is primarily used to diagnose and correct vision disorders, but we also assess the condition of the eye, in connection with which we can obtain a lot of information about other diseases of the body.
In the course of a general ophthalmological examination, the following is performed:
- Visual acuity test with Kettesy board
- Examination of near visual acuity with Csapody board
- Microscopic examination of the eye (with a slit lamp)
- Fundus examination (with pupil dilation if necessary)
- Automatic refractometry (computer diopter measurement) if necessary
- In professionally justified cases, the following tests are also performed: measurement of intraocular pressure with an applanation or non-contact tonometer, measurement of tear production with the Schirmer test, binocular vision test with the Lang test.
In addition, a diagnosis of colour blindness (Ishihara test) is possible.